mBaSo Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.mbaso.com (our Platform) is operated and owned by mBaSo Ltd of 145-157 St John Street, London, England, EC1V 4PW (“we, us or our”). We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting it.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy (together with the documents referred to on it and the terms and conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is mBaSo Ltd of 145-157 St John Street, London, England, EC1V 4PW.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide when you register to become a user or otherwise fill in forms on our Platform, such as your name, age, address, email address, sex, mobile number. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Platform, subscribing to our service and/or any artist areas or other areas of the Platform, posting material or requesting further services or goods. We may also ask you for information when you purchase products from our Platform, subscribe to artist pages and when you report a problem with our Platform.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We or our agents on our behalf may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to our Platform including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
3. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We use analytics to collect and store anonymous statistical data about our users’ visits to our Platform.
We may also collect information about your computer, mobile phone (or other portable or static device used to access our Platform) and your visit to our Platform, including where available your IP address, operating system, session_id, login, screen name and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our partners and our advertisers.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file and/or similar tools which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive to report back anonymous data to us. They help us to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalised service and enable us to use caching on the Platform.
Our Platform uses the following cookies:
4.1 Session cookies
These remember what you have put in your basket and enable you to use the checkout to make your purchase/subscription on our Platform. Without these essential session cookies we would not be able to provide you with the ability to make the purchase on our Platform.
Session cookies are not used to gather information to advertise products or services to you.
4.2 Quantcast cookie (_qca)
This web analytics service provided by Quantcast helps us to analyse how users use our Platform. It records visitors behaviour overall, such as typical length of stay on our Platform or average number of pages a user views.
4.3 Google Analytics (_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz)
This web analytics service provided by Google Inc helps us to analyse how users use our Platform. It counts the number of visitors and tells us things about their behaviour overall, such as typical length of stay on our Platform or the average number of pages a user views.
This information generated by the cookie about your use of our Platform will be transmitted to and stored by Google on their servers. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our Platform, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity.
Generally, cookies may be used to enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Platform according to your individual interests and provide a more personalised experience to you.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our Platform.
We store your IP address when you visit and register an account on our Platform for safety and security purposes, and if deemed necessary by us, to help identify users who have breached any part of our Terms and Conditions.
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
To provide to those artists whose page(s) you have subscribed to on the Platform for the purpose of being added to their mailing list.
• To fulfil our legal obligations and respond to litigation.
• To enforce our Terms and Conditions against you.
• To create non personally identifiable reports on the user interaction with our Platform.
7. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• To our third party partners as part of providing the full functionality and services of our Platform to you.
To artists whose page(s) you have subscribed to on the Platform for the purpose of being added to their mailing list. You shall be entitled to opt out of this service on the Platform.
8. INTERNET AWARENESS
Whenever you voluntarily post personal information in public areas, like journals, web-blogs, reviews, message boards, and forums, you should be aware that this information can be accessed by the public and can in turn be used by others to send you unsolicited communications. Please exercise discretion in deciding what information you disclose.
Please note that our Platform and the service available on it are not aimed at Minors, and you should not share any personal information with us if you are a Minor (the age of Minors is determined by local laws where you reside). If we have reason to believe you are a Minor we reserve the right to delete your account.
Thank you for visiting our Platform.